Getting Duct Flow

Hello All,

Hope evryone is good.

I am new to Dynamo and Revit API, I’ve been trying to get the Duct Flow on 2 different points let’s say at the Start point and at the end point of any Duct.

I am basically trying to put arrows on the duct with respect to the direction of Flow.

If there is any other method , please help me with that too.

Is it possible, please??

Thanks

Hi @Mohit.Sharma ,

Check out this topic:

hi @Daan

thanks for your response, yes we have a property called “Direction” we can have the direction of the line by using it., But its not working as expected (See attached Image), that is the reason i wanted to know how i can just fix it , if there is any other method that can help me placing the arrows as per the direction of Flow.

Thanks

Hi @Mohit.Sharma

Could you explain why this is not working?

Hi @Daan

Because the arrow should have followed the Flow , those i have marked it shows reverse direction , hence opposite to flow.

Okay let me reprhase that: how could you know what the right direction is for each duct? If there isn’t a systematic way to determine that no software could do it for you.

Check out the MEPover package :slight_smile:

@Daan , i am sorry to ask, but do you understand HVAC system.?

Ok @cv2HPX4 I’ll , thank you

No i am not familiar with HVAC

The flow will always be the same at the startpoint and endpoint because they are connected to the same element.

I’m not familiar with how Revit determines the flow direction - which is not always correctly I’m afraid - but with some smoothness it should be possible. I do think the MEPover package has the answer somewhere.

Just checked the MEPover package.

There you have it :slight_smile:

Hi @cv2HPX4 , thanks for your response, but as per my understanding flow will not be same at the Start and end point if we are having branches out from the main duct, this will be same only in last duct , when duct is connected to the Air Terminal only .

Yes i have checked this out, and gonna make it work soon as per my needs. It all takes the fittings ( connectors) to determine the direction of flow .

It will work i believe.

Thanks