Getting area information from materials in a family?

Hey guys, this is a bit of a generic question. Hope you can help me out a bit :slight_smile:

Is it possible to collect the area of a specific material in a family? For example, i want to extract the area of glass in a window, without having to make a parameter, that calculates it. Point me in a direction :slight_smile:

Yes it is possible, you can use the Element.Materials Custom node of the Clockwork package

I did just find that :slight_smile: Thx tough… Problem is that it takes of material total surface, sides aswell. Guess i have to find another way around this. Do you no if its possible to get the solid, a material is assigned to?

I quick way to do this is also with the Element.Materials Node and the Element.Geometry node.

If i am correct the Element.Geometry node will give you all the solids in the Family. Measure their Volume and compare it to the Materials Volume from the Element.Materials. Their should be a solid with the same volume as the Glass Volume. Filter that one and you have your solid.

1 Like