Independent area material

Good morning.
I have the need to be able to independently obtain the area of ​​each material for a specific purchase and calculation by area.
I have used a node but it only gives me sums, which is not useful to me since I try not to add, but rather to show each one of the materials independently.
Please someone have an idea …
Thanks.

Correct. This node is not looking for “Split Faces” and I think you used that to create the breaks in your wall.

There are methods in the Revit API which you can use to extract the paint materials of split faces, but you would need to use python for that or there needs to be a package which I don’t know of.

ExtractPaintMaterialsArea.dyn (37.6 KB)

4 Likes

@Joelmick that’s a wonderful piece of Python, thank you very much!

1 Like

Feel free to implement it where ever you want!

1 Like

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT …
BUT THERE IS SOMETHING WEIRD HERE AND I DON’T UNDERSTAND WHY THAT HAPPENS …
YOU COULD VERIFY IT …

Areas painted independent.rvt (2.0 MB)
Superficies pintadas.dyn (43.8 KB)

The order of the surfaces seems fine to me for both walls?

What did go wrong was the area which came from Python. I used the wrong convertions units to calculate the area. That I did fix for you.
ExtractPaintMaterialsArea.dyn (23.3 KB)

1 Like

How could I stay only with the materials that were assigned with the paint tool as well as the corresponding surfaces…???

Taking into account the progress so far …?

your main wall has a certain material, extract that.
You can now filter all the surfaces which are not this main material, which means they are painted.

Good day.
I have been presented with a special case with the category of columns and beams …
When executing the python script it does not return any surface or material or area …
could you help me please …
Could be useful in beams

COLUMNS AND BEAMS_SURFACES PAINTED.dyn (32.3 KB)

Model_columns_painted.rvt (2.3 MB)

THX