Get type parameter from parent elements to part instances

Hey Guys,

hope you can help me out. I want to create a simulation code via different object parameters. The code works fine in the first case. But when creating parts the problem starts. I don’t have access to the parent type parameters. So my simulation code is not complete for all my part elements!
The type parameter name I need is called “Objektklasse”

3D_View with Originals (last code part is missing for parts :frowning: ):

The overall goal is run a construction progress simulation in Navisworks. The mapping of the schedule and the objects runs via the simulation code. Please let me know any hint!

There are nodes in Clockwork and SpringNodes that will get the parent element of a part. Just install either one of the packages and search for “part”.

Hi Andreas, thx for the answer. I think you mena steam nodes right? I have installed Clockwork, steam and spring nodes already. So you mean I should get the parents via the Parts.Getparents node and map the type parameter to my part elements? I will try that, but hopefully the performance of the script doesn’t go down. I made the experience when workong with Dynamo Revit gets really slow.

Thank you, greetings Michael

I really do not have an idea which node I could use to map the correct “parent type parameter” values to the corresponding parts? Any suggestions??

Kind Regards Michael

Clockwork’s Element.Type will get you the family type from which you can subsequently extract the required param values. I think there’s also a built-in FamilyInstance.FamilyType node, although I’m not sure if it processes both system families and loadable families.

Hi Andreas,

danke für deine Hinweise, klappt nun auch mit Teilonjekten.

Prima, freut mich.