Get the coordinates of the internal origin of a linked Revit Architecture model within the host Revit MEP model (The Coordinates System are not the same in the two models)

Hi all,

I am struggling about that subject, and hope there’s someone that can help.

My script works perfectly if the internal origin is exactly the same between the host model and the linked model. But this almost never happens… And when it is not the case, the coordinates are not matching each other. I believe there’s a way to match them.

Getting the converted coordinates of the internal origin of the linked Architecture model would allow in my case to create a vector between the two internal origins and then, create automatically and, at the same position, spaces in the host MEP model from the location of the rooms in the linked Architecture model (It could also be useful to place all kind of MEP objets within the Architectural rooms).

You could see in the image attached how my script goes. I get the coordinates of the internal origin of the host Revit model and the coordinates of the internal in the linked Revit model. They don’t match.

Then, after some research I tried to transform the Coordinate System of the internal origin of the linked Revit model to my context Coordinate System, but there’s a little lack of precision in the result (like 1 ou 2 meters in X and Y, I don’t understand why…)

Regards,

Denis.