Coordinates of my linked model

Good morning, I have a problem with the geometries of my model. When I generate geometries of the walls of the linked architecture model, it is located at another point where it does not correspond. It is linking in shared coordinates and I don’t know what the reason is. I don’t know if someone could explain what is happening and give me a solution. Thank you very much for giving me your knowledge.

Hi @bimFVC9B these models doesnt share origin, you could setup the project so it share origin or play around with some geometry transform

You can use the Bimorph package to find the precise location of linked elements or to obtain the geometry that matches what you see in the user interface (UI).

your projects have different internal origin
I usually calculate the vector between them, then move all geometries by vector
this usually happens when modeller don’t know how to set project base point

1 Like

I think its best set it up the right way instead of transform/move becoarse the issue will stil exist in the model and probably gives problem in 3rd softvare etc…but again it depends what is for…just my opinion :wink:

Thanks for the help, if it is true that the link has other coordinates since the client has asked us for it that way and had problems with it. I will look for a way to transform the origin to match the model. I thank you for taking the time to help me.