Get room separation lines

So i need to get the room separation lines from a given room.
Is there a node that will solve this?
I looked everywhere in the forum and couldn’t find it

Clockwork I believe has a Room.Boundaries which returns elements. Get the object type of those elements, and you should have your desired room separation lines.

2 Likes

No, basic Dynamo does not include such a node. But u can easily do it using geometry tricks. What are the lines u want te retreive exactly ? In Dynamo a Room is a volume, so getting its faces and then filter them regarding their orientation, finally u’ll be able the get the edges that correspond to what u’r looking for

1 Like

Unfortunately it does not return the room separation lines…
I need then for a specific purpose

My first method worked fine for me, but I’ll give you a few options:

Rooms fed into Room.Boundaries node from the Clockwork package, feed the element list into an Object.Type node, and feed that into an == node with a “Revit.Elements.ModelCurve” as the second input. Anything that returns true is a room separation line, otherwise its something else that is room bounding. Use that as a filter for a List.FilterByBoolMask, with the elements output from the Room.Boundaries node as the list.

Another option: Wire the elements list from the Room.Boundaries node into node to get the category. Build a similar Boolean from that and filter your list as described above.

3 Likes

Jacob’s idea works for me…

Can you help us by describing what isn’t working and what your purpose is? Preferablly with a dyn and an rvt?

Hope that helps,

Mark

4 Likes

Thank you all for your help.
I realized now that i was using the wrong “Room.Boundaries” node i was using the one from archilab wich does not return model curves…
The one from Clockworks returns…
Thanks a lot!!!

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I know I’m arriving a little bit late but there is a cleaner update to solve this.

The category of the room separator can be found in the native Categories list under the name "Line - ".

Then you can just continue with select all elements of category… etc