Get pipe by name takes forever to run

I am just feeding it with one pipe name but it seems freezes…I am using civil3d 2024
I remmeber it works on 2022

Try getting all pipes and their names, then using list.indexof to find the index or your pipe(s). Then get item at index on the pipes. Might be faster.

For the moment I only have two small pipe networks in my file but how have you set up your graph?

this one never works, I tried civil3d 2022 and 2024.

the civil toolkit getpipestructure never works, I use python to extract them instead, but want to send them back to dynamo, however getpipebyname freezes as well. I found that the civil toolkit is not so stable.

Have you tried to use Camber instead?

I’ve used that node a good many times and haven’t heard of any issues…

Are you on the latest version of Civil 3D toolkit?

If so please post a sample dwg with a half dozen pipes and structures (not a full project) and the sample dyn where the node isn’t working.

1 Like

yes but camber does not have a node to get the manhole’s (structure) location :frowning: so I give up camber

ok wait

Crashing the threads…
Hmm, doesn’t this node serve that purpose to get structure location? I might miss something.

1 Like

oh…thanks! I overlook this

1 Like

does camber have structure.geometry as well like civil tool kit? sad they cannot communicate with each other

I think you can get the required structures names from Civil3DToolkit and get structures by name from Camber package and then complete your graph.

No, I can’t find any information about that kind of node in Camber.
I understand that it doesn’t help you but the node Structure.Geometry in Civil3DToolkit seems to work in C3D 2023 and version 1.1.32 of the package