C3D Pipe Renamer - User Input Management Issue

Greetings! I am working on completing my first ever Dynamo graph, and have it working when ‘hardcoded’. The graph is meant to rename all the pipes in a drawing to “{upstream structure name} - {downstream structure name}” and it does that rather well, to my surprise.

However, in testing, I determined that I really need a way to integrate user input. I would like for them to SELECT a part (pipe or structure), and then this routine would run on the associated pipe network. I have chopped off the beginning of this graph and attempted to utilize “Select Objects”, designated as input, but as you can see in the attached image, I have clearly missed a step. Would anyone be willing to point out my error, and possibly offer a solution?

Thanks very much,
Daniel

The get pipes and structures node does not accept the pipe object type as the input, you need some nodes in between to callup the to pipe network type. Try something like this:

Pipe Network - Select Pipe get Network v1.dyn (20.3 KB)

1 Like

First one above used C3Dtoolkit, below also shows using Camber

Thanks so much for the dual solutions! I’m having some issues getting them to work properly, and I’m reasonably sure it’s user error.

Dynamo_Error_4_8_2024

This is using your Camber method (after getting a similar error with the C3Dtoolkit one). Is there an easy way to ‘swap’ it back to the Autodesk-expected object type?

Both Civil 3D Toolkit and Camber can only be combined with their own nodes so for Camber you need to search for their specific nodes.