Get nested meshes from mesh

I am trying to convert a mesh that is imported from a public database into separate elements so parts can be deleted if needed. but when i try to convert it into polysurface and then into solids i am not getting al elements back.

is there a way to get the meshobjects within the mesh so i can use those to place in the project? or get all objects to be converted?

i suspect the meshes that are not converted are not closed but that is not realy a problem to me for the end result.

Not sure how to do this in dynamo, but look into Mesh Toolkit for a ‘disjoint’ node. I use that command in Rhino/Grasshopper and it achieves this easily there - hopefully it inspired the developers of meshTK to make something similar

you can used AI tools (Python 3) Open3d Packedge to do that

1- get all voxel of the mesh
2- cluster all voxel to groups
labels1 = np.array(downpcd.cluster_dbscan(eps=0.05, min_points=10))
3- Re convert each group the mech
bpa_mesh = o3d.geometry.TriangleMesh.create_from_point_cloud_ball_pivoting(rest,o3d.utility.DoubleVector([1radius, radius2]))

mybe the below example help you to write your code

3 Likes

I am still working in dynamo 2.6 plus my programming skills seem to lack somewhat :wink:
i am now trying to find the difference in geometry and use that for creating the missing geometry.
but dynamo and meshes are not a good match it seems.

is this better in the new version?

1 Like

@MaartenVroegindeweij , the mesh is from the bag3d which i import using your magical package. do you know if there is a way to get the meshes of the buildings as separate geometry into revit?

Unfortunately not a working work-around.
-You can convert the mesh to Dynamo Geometry but it too slow and a lot of conversion failures.
-I have a very buggy CityJSON Pythoncode which should be improved and then implemented in GIS2BIM. Hopefully on the short term. With the CityJSON we can make separate meshes and import them into Revit.

Send it to formit and back. fixes everything