Get Monitored Link Element Ids from Family Instance

When copy-monitoring some Electrical Fixtures, the monitored elements don’t carry over the instance parameter values from the original elements. I am trying to get a script that looks at the original elements’ parameters and writes them to the copy-monitored elements.
However, I can’t seem to access the Link Element Ids (GetMonitoredLinkElementIds Method of the Element Class). As far as I understand a FamilyInstance object is a sub-element of the Element class? Is there a way to access the Link Element Ids through the FamilyInstance or perhaps convert the FamilyInstance to Element so I can use the right method?

It is interesting that when I try to input a FamilyInstance to a Dynamo node that asks for Element it works just fine, but I can’t use the Element class methods on FamilyInstances

@Antonio_Vachev

try to unwrapp your input

elements = UnwrapElement(IN[0])
outlist = []

for e in elements:
    outlist.append(e.GetMonitiredLinkElementsIds())

OUT = outlist

Thanks, Andreas!

Andreas,
Now that the previous issue got resolved, I realize that GetMonitoredLinkElementIds actually retrieves the link itself and not each element that is being copy-monitored. Do you perhaps have an idea how I can retrieve the original elements from the link?

@Antonio_Vachev

start a new topic! someone will respont

KR

Andreas