Get core thickness of `architectural floor`

Hi,
I would like to know if there is there a way to get the core thickness of an architectural floor (with the Revit API)?

I know how to get the total thickness of the floor:
Family.get_Parameter(BuiltInParameter.FLOOR_ATTR_DEFAULT_THICKNESS_PARAM).AsDouble()*304.8

In the below example I get 340mm as total thickness which is correct.
But I would also like to be able to only get the core thickness (250mm) in the below example:
It doesnt seem possible with an architectural floor, only with structural floors (BuiltInParameter.STRUCTURAL_FLOOR_CORE_THICKNESS)?

Both GeniusLoci and Clockwork have relevant Nodes with which you can query the WallType. Filter the result by the Core Property and add those widths together.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip (Bedankt Bjorn)! :+1: And also thanks to Alban de Chasteigner for his get compoundstructrelayers custom node.
The total thickness and the total thickness of the core layers in an architectural floor can be found as follows:

Totale_Dikte_Vloer = Family.get_Parameter(BuiltInParameter.FLOOR_ATTR_DEFAULT_THICKNESS_PARAM).AsDouble() * 304.8
CompStr = Family.GetCompoundStructure()
layers = list(CompStr.GetLayers())
Corelayers = [[CompStr.IsCoreLayer(l.LayerId),l] for l in layers]
Corelayers_Width = [Corelayer[1].Width * 304.8 for Corelayer in Corelayers if Corelayer[0]]
Totale_Dikte_Vloer_Core = 0
for C in Corelayers_Width:
Totale_Dikte_Vloer_Core+= C