Geometry.Translate of circles by coordinates fails

Dear fellow Dynamo users,

I’m currently working on a script that copies the a circle to a certain location. Geometry.Translate should be the correct node if I’m not mistaken. See below a snapshot of my script (.dyn can be found as well):

I guess there is something missing between the Objects Types node and the Geometry Translate node but I cannot figure out which additional node(s) is needed. Maybe there is something else missing in the script.

Has someone similar problems or a suitable solution for this issue?

Many thanks in advance!

Translate Geomery by coordinates.dyn (32.9 KB)

Your screenshot doesn’t really tell us anything without the node preview bubbles being pinned or watch nodes for all your data. From the looks of it, nothing is wrong or erroring.

@Nick_Boyts indeed, it doesn’t make sense without warning message that pops up and pinned node options. Please see below:

You need to provide actual geometry. The Object Types node is just that, an object type. Your initial description says you’re copying a circle to a new location. You need to provide the circle that you want moved.

@Nick_Boyts Thanks a lot. Do you know if there is a node available that can move entire groups instead of single objects? I guess this involves a bit of python work…

As long as you provide the appropriate list structure, the same node will move a list of geometries as well.