Geometry Color from Space Analysis Package (BySurfaceColors)

@Vikram_Subbaiah you addressed a similar problem on this post a few years back: Geometry Color (GeometryColor.ByGeometryColor) - #3 by Vikram_Subbaiah

How would you address this same issue with a GeometryColor.BySurfaceColors node? I have been generating different studies with the SpaceAnalysis Package and have not found a good way to bring the dynamo geometry in a colorized format back into revit. I have tried both of the set ups in the image below and have issues when I plug the color node into the OverrideColorInView node because the large number of colors generated for the study.

My ultimate hope is to get these into revit in a meaningful and correctly scaled way instead of just taking a screen shot and adding it into a plan view.

Also someone mentioned that @GavinCrump might be able to help with this question.

Likely best to look into the analysis section of the Revit API, which allows such types of display. Might be a bigger lift though.

EDIT: Forgot about the node FaceAnalysisDisplay.ByViewFacePointsAndValues. Should do what you’re after. :slight_smile:

@jacob.small thank you for the quick reply. I believe this is the route I need to get the final desired result but it dont not seem to be working as expected. I have never worked with Analytical Surfaces in Revit, so I might be missing something very simple, but i have checked all of my 2D and 3D view templates to make sure I have these elements turned on and I have created and applied an Analysis Display Style to the best of my knowledge. The node is functioning but is pushing out 156 Revit.AnalysisDisplay.FaceAnalysisDisplay elements, but nothing is showing up in revit. Any insights you have will be very helpful! :+1:

This forum seemed like a step in the right direction but I am not sure it will do what I am trying to do.

I can try to take a stab at it in Revit 2023 or 2024 later. You’ll have to backport to whatever build you’re using.

PS: you should consider moving to VASA instead of space analysis, as the former is the replacement for the later for this type of work. It’s both faster and leverages 3D geometry instead of 2d.

I will definitely check this out. Thanks for the recommendation.

This should get you started with both (I didn’t want to setup space analysis for a sample analysis as I already had VASA):

Visibility Analysis into Revit.dyn (110.6 KB)

2 Likes