GeometryColor.ByGeometryColor node not showing in workspace

Hello, I am trying to create geometry in Dynamo reflecting the occupancy categories of spaces within Revit. Attached is the .dyn document. My issue is that the geometry is not showing up in Dynamo’s work space. I am sure that I have the occupancy categories filled out in the Revit Model with consistent naming Has anyone else had issues with this? I do get some blue outlines in Revit which outline some random rooms when I run this program, but it doesn’t make any sense.

ColorByZone.dyn (83.6 KB)

Thanks!

They are colouring correctly when I tested your graph, however the nodes creating the geometry in the first place (and the nodes leading to List.Count) are obscuring the colours in the Dynamo preview. You can either:

• Select the three GeometryColor.ByGeometryColor nodes and isolate them with Ctrl-i, or
  • Hide the preview of the other nodes (circled in red), by right-clicking on the node and unchecking preview

The blue outline in Revit is a result of the Background Revit Preview being enabled:

Hope this helps,
Thomas

Hmm, I’ve tried isolating the GeometryColor.ByGeometryColor nodes and hiding the preview of the nodes you have circled in red. I also made sure that the Revit Background Preview is turned on. (See Below)

This is the only output I’m getting (All of the blue lines) and it’s in Revit.

Please let me know if there is more information I can provide.
My thoughts are that this might be a graphics issue with my computer.
Thoughts?

The Revit blue lines are separate and unrelated to the GeometryColor.ByGeometryColor. It shows an outline of your Dynamo geometry in Revit. If you don’t want it you can turn it off.

For the colours within Dynamo, can you show a screengrab of what you see now that the preview has been turned off for the other nodes (zoom out to all the geometry)?

Here is the screen grab of the entire graph.

So there’s no geometry beyond the grid? Have you zoomed extents in the Geometry Preview?

1 Like

Thanks for the help!! I played around with my monitor settings and graphics and restarted Dynamo.

1 Like