GeniusLoci: Create Compound System FamilyType Node

Hello people!

I have a question regarding the “Create Compund System FamilyType” Node from tge GeniusLoci package. Does anyone have some documentation how this node works? I am having some problems understanding what the inputs should be or how they should look like.

I managed to create a wall type with just one “Structure” Layer like this:

But as soon as I try to assign some other LayerFunction, like for example “Thermal/Air Layer”, “Membrane Layer” or “Finish” it doesn’t work.

Oddly enough it works when I input “Substrate” it works… I am using German Revit and I even tried the German annotation for layer (“Nichttragende Schicht”, “Dämmung/Luftschicht”) but it didnt work.

And the seconds part of the question is how would I go about creating Walls with multiple layer of different functions? For example a dry wall with multiple boards? I tried feed the node with a list of materials and layer functions but it doesnt work.

Is the thickness input meant for the overall wall thickness or layer thickness? How do I define which material applies to which layer?

ahhh… Just answered the first part of the question myself. I looked at the RevitAPI documents and the “proper” naming of the LayerFunction is:

Structure
Substrate
Insulation
Finish1
Finish2
Membrane
StructuralDeck

Hi Borna,

Use the Enumerate LayerFunction node to find the layer functions.

To create walls with multiple layer and different functions, follow this example:

2 Likes