Generative Design R2023 - No geometry found and no value

Hi,

I would like to ask if you have any tips on how to solve problems with the generative design study.

I am using Revit 2023 and in my graph, I included some nodes from the following packages:

• Refinery

• Space Analysis

• Ampersand

• Dynamo Text

• Generative Design

• Wombat

I am using Revit geometry, so I used Data.Remember nodes to store all data.

I have no errors before launching the GD study.

I get the following results:

I have no geometry and one output doesn’t have value.

When I open the graph in the Dynamo sandbox and set variables as was reported in the GD study, I get the correct results. There is no possibility that I get a null value.

Do you have any idea what can create such problems?

My output (average distance from desks to exists) is calculated using pathfinding from the Space Analysis package. Is it possible that any of the packages that I used can create some conflicts with the GD?

Many thanks for your support!

Best regards,

Julia

Can you post the graph ready for execution in Dynamo Sandbox?

I’d need you to post the .dyn, not the graph image, as I’d like to review for hidden Revit API interactions and check the result ranges and explore the design space for conditions which produce errors (and therefore would become the minimum).

Impressive Graph.

Offhand I don’t see any issues, but I don’t have access to Generative Design or the geometry library on the system I have access to right now, so most issues won’t surface. I’ll take a deep dive in tonight and will let you know what I find. One possibility is that you’ve reached the memory threshold per GD instance; though it’d be unlikely unless you have some REALLY big rooms you were doing layouts in. Check to see how much RAM the system spikes to when you run in the context of Dynamo Sandbox vs any of the instances of RestDynamoCore in Generative Design. Resource Monitor is good for this - there is a hyperlink to launch that application from the performance tab of task manager.

1 Like

Hi Jacob,
thank you very much for your support. I will check how much RAM the system uses. I will let you know.

BR,

Julia

Hi Jacob,

I controlled how much RAM is used during the Generative Design study.

This is the print screen:

I have 16 CPUs in total. I think the system is not overloaded, so the problem should be somewhere else.
Do you have any idea where I can look for the potential root causes of that problem?

Kind regards,

Julia

Hi Julia, did you solve your issue?

1 Like