Generating 3DpolyLine from Pipe network using Dynamo

Dears all,
I hope you all doing very well and safe in this difficult time that we passing through! I am totally new to dynamo for Civil 3D. Now I started to educate myself a bit about how to use Dynamo for Civil 3d. can anyone help me with the following subject! I am looking to use Dynamo to generate a 3dpoly line from the invert elevation of the Pipe network in civil 3D any tips for that! Is there any script for such workflow!?
thank you for your attention and your help
Kindly regards
Salwan Abbosh

It can be tricky handling the jumps in the structures if you want a continuous polyline but this should get you in the right direction, it’s using the Civil 3D Toolkit package.

PipeNetwork_InvertToPolylines.dyn (81.4 KB)

3 Likes

Hi Paolo,
First thank you so much for your rapid answer and solution! I will experiment with your attached file to check how this will works with me! I believe you mean with the Jumps! If the structure will contains multiple in-out going inverts on different elevation!? Correct! ? If I want to run this script! I have to use (I believe) C3D2020? correct! I can’t use it with a normal Dynamo!
Again thank you so much for your help

It runs only in Dynamo for Civil 3D, it needs a package called Civil 3D Toolkit that you can find in the package manager.

Did anyone get to fix the jumps in the structures. I need a continuous polyline. :frowning:

There is nothing to be fixed. You cannot have a continuous polyline if the structure branches into multiple pipes.

1 Like

So I have downloaded and used this script but every time I select the 3d polylines then try and view them in object viewer civil 3d fatal errors. Anyone else running into this issue?

I am trying to create 3dpolylines from the start of pipe to end of pipe. I do not need the jumps but if they are there that is ok. This script seems like what I need but I am having a little trouble. I am able to run this and get linework. There are some extra lines that are not correct but the main concern that I would like to address first is that when I select the polyline the properties list the elevation incorrectly despite the generated linework actually being at the correct elevation. It also lists as a polyline not 3dpolyline though it is actually sloping. I am using C3D2021 if that makes difference. Any ideas on how to update this?

If I EXPLODE the polyline I get lines with the correct properties which totally works. Now to try to not have any extra lines.

First off i like this solution.
The this is in a lot of the pipework design i receive they have curved pipes. Does anyone have an idea how to generate that as 3dpolyline?

At arc pipe network
Using feature line

Hi
Please attached drawing example

To try this