From one Excel Sheet to another

I’m new to the forum (and Dynamo in general) so I’m not quite sure if what I’m trying to do is common or not. Essentially what I want to start with is moving data from one excel file to another, and use that second sheet to populate custom Revit family parameters. The issue I’m having is that I need to match the information from different columns (ie. Column E in one file, but Column C in the second). Also, the text is formatted differently in each file because Revit requires a certain format. I have no idea if I’m explaining this well or if this is something done all the time.

Hi @frank.v.smith

Welcome to Dynamo Forum!

There are many ways to match information. One of the possible way is to get “List.AllIndicesOf” node to the get Index of matching information and use “GetItemAtIndex” node to get the matching information. Hope it helps if not then share relevant files. You can use Google drive, dropbox, onedrive, etc to drop your files and share the link here.

Here are some screen grabs of what I want to do. Ideally, it will go from the blue excel file to the white excel file (the Dynamo code is unfinished). As you can see though in the color coding columns, the text format is different. I can’t manually equate the columns through Excel because I need the code to work with the blue Excel sheet and any other Excel sheet.

Capture

Capture3

Capture2