For dynamo competition ? - rubic cube

Hello,

would it be able to create the rubic cube in dynamo? :wink:
2022-11-23_13h51_00
2022-11-23_13h50_53

5 Likes

Amigo @Draxl_Andreas buenas. it’s easier said than make, i want my batch of winner of the challenge!! :innocent:

I don’t know the colors of the rubic cube!

3 Likes

@gilberto.arechigaiba ,

Colors are i think basic ones - Green, Blue, Yellow, Red, white, orange
grafik
intresting is the translatition process in correlation with circles!
like full move, half move,…

2 Likes

Hello
The intersection with the plane of the moving objects (may be a possible track, but the rotate duplicates the objects)
Who spins relative to whom and when
it’s sport (I’m not smart enough)

I appreciate the nice post

Cordially
christian.stan

3 Likes

Looked into this briefly a few months back.

Each cube cannot have it’s display colors changed, but the location can be altered via rotational transforms. There are 26 cubes, and 9 possible transform locations with a + or - rotation (so 18 possible transform actions). Running the transforms in series will get you to any given matrix.

From a Dynamo perspective it’s a matter of pairing the rotational transforms (as a coordinate system) to a bounding box, and using that box to identify the cuboids which are manipulated by any given move. From there rotating the cubes into position should be fairly straight forward.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it use less computational power if you just calculated what colour it was meant to be and then fed that info the the cube on each move?

Unless of course you’re doing a fully animated one with 1/4 and 1/2 turns of the cube.

But even then surely it’d be faster to move the colours rather than the cube seeing as you’re only seeing it from one direction.

1 Like

My thought was for an animation, yes.

Storing the net location of each cube in an external file, read that in as the start point, and give it ‘n’ frames of rotation on each selected rotation.

The hard part: decent UI for selecting which rotation to make of the 18 (assuming no 180 degree turns - just do two 90 degree ones).

1 Like

Why store externally? Although there are 43 quintillion combinations that’s not what’s important?

The actual movement is pretty simple?

There are 16? possible moves each time (if a move is only 90 degrees)

So if you update the positional matrix each time.

Sorta thinking out loud here…

But the animation only needs 16 ‘moves’ of the basic cube (obvs depends how smooth you make it as to how many positions each move has)

1 Like

Save game. :wink:

1 Like

nah, if you quit some external force randomises it for you when you pick it up again…

To each his own… loading a user challenge could also be a nice feature though. :wink:

I think people should grasp the pain of having a ‘helpful’ adult or irritating sibling… :laughing:

If you scroll down to " Anti-Sune" …
I like how you can see the colours even though you can’t see those faces:

1 Like

If a human can do 43 quintillion combinations in under 10 seconds why bother.
just a thought…

A human can do that?!

1 Like

That’s 20 moves tho, not all the combinations… Doing all those combinations would take an age.

2 Likes

@Alien ,

I think geometry must be based on a sphäre…
…how to let the cube move corresponding to the rotation?

RubicCube.dyn (40.9 KB)

Would it not be easier plotting 6 points (the centres of the centre cubes) and rotating around those?

@Alien ,

hmmm… i have to think about later :wink:
grafik
grafik