For dynamo competition ? - rubic cube

@Alien @Marcel_Rijsmus @jacob.small @christian.stan @gilberto.arechigaiba ,

So far - i have one cube and in one direction and the rotation. how i combine rotations at the “lock”-positions?

Instead of a circle, use a coordinate system laid out in a grid.

Each of those coordinate systems can get a cuboid via Geometry.Transform.

Each of those coordinate systems can be rotated into position via the Coordinate.System.Rotate node. The degree of rotation can be locked to 90 degree intervals, or a number slider can be utilized to alter the locations more interactively.

2 Likes

@jacob.small ,

i will check, thats a jump forward

hello, to have the 26 cubes :wink:

script:
03 Décembre forum anglais.dyn (19.9 KB)

Cordially
christian.stan

1 Like

Do they move?

2 Likes

Hello,
not yet enough skills to be able to overcome this problem
here is an idea but afterwards I block (Even if Mr. Jabcob has already explained how to do it)

Cordially
christian.stan

3 Likes

Amigos @Draxl_Andreas @Alien @Marcel_Rijsmus @jacob.small @christian.stan have dropped out of the challenge? can I be crowned as winner of the challenge? I changed the orange color because it was confused with the red, I decided to use 54 solids with consistent color instead of 26 with painted faces, I thought it was easier!
I am going to tell you a brief story, when I was 8 or 9 years old I was given a rubic cube, after 2 weeks and with only 2 completed faces I decided to try an old solution for many problems, :hammer: :boom: that day I embraced my dark side I relieved my frustration and my curiosity thanks to this I know how these cubes work!

Post data I will upload the script when I receive my challenge winner’s badge! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Wasn’t an official competition, so no badge (I’d like to do a formal one later in the year, but need to coordinate with Sol and others), but I’ll declare this the winner all the same. :slight_smile:

@jacob.small Well then you prefer me to upload the solution when it is an official challenge? I don’t mind waiting to get my badge; the others who say they want the script or want to keep trying different and clever solutions?

I like the mindset. :slight_smile:

I’ll wait the oficial challenge then, to have a faire competition!! :wink:

2 Likes

@gilberto.arechigaiba ,

great! i would like to win a education revit licence flatrate , or become free beta-tester…

i can’t ofer you that… actually i have plenty ideas for dynamo, they are out of the box! :wink:

1 Like

Business, Great that sounds even better than a badge!

I will send you a private message!!

2 Likes