Flux Site Extractor to Revit Elements (WIP)

Site from Flux.dyn (904.1 KB)
Let’s perfect a Dynamo graph that converts the wonderful map data that Flux gets for us.

Importing the data into AutoCAD with its plugin seems easy.

With Revit, it’s not all obvious; the Flux addin does not seem useful for this challenge.

Here is my shot at it using Dynamo and the Flux Package:

It could probably be made better by making Masses (generated from from the Flux building models) extrusions instead of DirectShapes. Optimizing and categorizing lines would be good, too.

Building models came in shifted in position – I had to move them to line-up with the footprints.

Who can improve it?
Site from Flux.dyn (904.1 KB)

Street name and width data do not come through the Flux Site Extractor. However, here’s a trick to get that info back into a plan view. Put in an image from a map and fit it onto the Revit model elements:

Shadows on (building heights are random in this example, though):

thanks for sharing @truevis

I believe Flux uses OpenStreetMap.

Another option is to use the Elk package to import OSM data directly in Dynamo
It is easy to generate random building heights in Dynamo

Andrew

@truevis did you have any luck controlling the surface projection colour of the imported building masses? I would like to remove the mesh triangulation.

I think @Dimitar_Venkov spring nodes package has a directshape.bygeometry which produces smoother results.

1 Like

@john_pierson just tried this but same issue.

A poster has a different method of making footprints shown in https://community.flux.io/questions/4194/site-extractor-cant-receive-by-revitsite-extractor.html