Floor vertical edges z vector is rotated?

HI,

I try to make a polyline of a floor but I have a problem. The points aren’t in sequence because the startpoint of the curves are on different heights. Does anyone know a solution how to fix this?

I want the same kind of polycurve as with the horizontal edges. Maybe the solution is easy but I don’t get it fixed… I also tried to filter the vectors, rotate them and join them together but that doesnt work…

thanks in advance!

@Glutinator030 can I ask you why do you need the output of the vertical edges for? You already have the loop through the horizontal ones…

I try to make auto dimensions for floors:

Hey,

Can you get both the Start and End Points and use a DoesIntersect to filter and get only the ones which hit the top surface of the floor? You could do something similar in a number of different ways…

Hope that helps,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply! The problem is not to get the points at the same height but the order of the points (I want them clockwise).
In the image you see the points aren’t clockwise, do you have any suggestions how to fix this?

Thanks!

@Glutinator030 if the horizontal edges are grouped as you desire, get the start points of these edges, translate them in the Z direction, make lines out of them using LineStartPointEndPoint. I guess this way you will have them sorted in order

@Elie.Trad That will do the work! But the problem is that the vertical references have still the same index as the vertical edges… But still easy way to solve the order thanks. BTW I used Line.ByStartPointDirectionLength instead of the other one.

2 Likes