Floor Structural Slab by XYZ points

Dear,

I’m trying to modify a slab with a XYZ points, I’m using the Floor.SlabShapeByPoints node, without results.
Attache the routine

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.
I appreciate your help.

I had that problem, too. Try to create a floor at same Z with Floor.ByOutlineTypeAndLevel and then freeze that node and you can use that floor in order to connect with FloorSlabShapeByPoints. You can then use your real Z values.

1 Like

I don’t think it is expecting a “floor” but rather maybe a floor type because I don’t believe you can edit an existing floor via the API unless you are adding openings.

1 Like

Good morning,

I’m trying to make another workflow, instead of “editing a floor”, modelling a new floor.

But I always get a problema “Input normal vector is not perpendicular with the face constructed from input curves”:

In the model, I could say that everything it’s ready for creating the floor.

so… What’s the matter?

Like I said, if you want to create a Floor, you have to assign same Z Points. After creaiting it at correct place you can then edit Z points…

Checkt that post!

I made a script where I create floors, foundations and walls where I can adjust the sizes and levels. I have a demonstration video for this:

If this is what you are trying to do, (Without the walls and foundations of course) then I will be able to help you out further.

0 result.

I’ve simplified the routine as much as possible find it below.

But floor still without modification.

Throught. points are correctly shown

I’ve made exactly what you propose. Once the floor has been created, I’ve freezed the upside routine waiting the downside routine modified the original floor.

Does is it not.

I’m trying to make a floor which somo vertex are differents Z.

Thanks

It works on my side.
At first have the Z values as 0,1 and after you create the floor edit some points with for example 0,2

Floor_Forum_Test.dyn (56.9 KB) Floor.xls (10.5 KB)

Deniz,

I’m going to download your routine to replicate it in my computer, though I’ve tried to do it again with “falses” results. I’m starting to think I’m a bit “FalseFriendly”.

Anyway, I’ve attache the current routine. FloorHeadAche.dyn (46.7 KB)

As you can watch, points are coming directly from the routine, instead a xlsx file.

Which Dynamo and Revit version do you use?

Revit 2019 and Dynamo 2.0

Maybe that the reason of the issue. Doesn`t it?

I use Revit 2019.2 and Dynamo 2.0.3 with Clockwork 2.1.2… It is really weird :S

Absolutelly, I’m using the same Revit, Dynamo and Clockwork version.

I’m going to try in a mate’s computer.

You might repair your Revit. After crashes it behaves unexpectedly…

My mate found the difference between you routine and the mine one.

I’m trying to modify a floor slab into Structural foundation category, that is my problem. If I try to modify a floor into floor category there is not issue at all.

So, the matter is quite differente right now. What I have to modify it are the Z value of a structure slab, to keep those elements into the proper Revit’s category.

I thank you a lot for you helpness

1 Like

Ahaa! I did not pay at attention of Floor type but it is interessting :slight_smile:
Have a nice day!

Nice day to you as well :slight_smile: