Finding points along a curve with x coordinate of the points

Hi guys,

I am new here so maybe there is a easy fix to my issue. I have a nurbs curve which I want to place balusters (adaptive components) on. In order to do that I want to create points along the curve.

I started with the note, "curve points at segment length from Point. but it´s not the outcome that I am looking for since I want the balusters equally distributed (500 mm center to center distance). So equally distanced on the x axis.
I hope this makes sense. How would you approach this?
Thank you for your help!

In the image below you can see the Revit model on the right sight and part of my dynamo path on the left sight.

Just a question here:
Does your x axis (=horizontal) in Dynamo default correspond to the x axis in Revit?

Hi Marcel, yes they do.

Could you maybe share a sketch of what you are trying to achieve? I dont understand what you want to do :slight_smile:

Sorry I didn´t know how to explain it better…
I basically need the points on my curve for equally spaced x values. The way I have it right now is that the point´s are distributed by equal segment length of the curve. But that´s NOT what I need.
I hope this quick scetch helps…

Do exactly what you have drawn here.
Make some lines in Dynamo on the x axis and find the intersections with the curve

1 Like

okay I thought maybe there is a faster way to get point´s on a curve by a given x value of those point´s.
Thank you for your time!

1 Like