Filtrate and classify walls and windows by orientation

Hello everyone,

I want to classify walls and windows by orientation respectively, and then get the total area of walls, total area of windows, of different orientations (e.g. total area of south facing walls). Are there some node packages to achieve this goal by Dynamo?

Kind regards
Hao

Try searching the forums. There have been at least a couple posts that have dealt with this exact issue.

Thanks for your reply,

But, I didn’t find what I need. I want to group the walls (window) by orientation firstly, and then get the total area of each group. Do you have some more ideas?

Kind regards
Hao

Maybe these can get you started.

1 Like

Thank you very much,

According to your suggestion, I use the custom node of Wall.NorthSouthEastWest (from old version of Rhythm) to solve the problem. It works now in the Dynamo (Version 1.2.2). The nodes are:

But, the node of Wall.NorthSouthEastWest cannot work in the Dynamo (Version 2.0.0). I’m confused with this problem. Could you tell me the reason? Its nodes are:

Kind regards
Hao

I’m afraid I don’t have 2.0 installed yet. Can you show your graph with the node previews turned on? Are you getting an error? Have you confirmed everything works with 1.2?

1 Like

Hello,

Everything work well with version 1.2.
In 2.0, there is no error, but Wall.NorthSouthEastWest (Rhythm version 2017.5.30) return Null. Here is the graph:

Kind regars
Hao

The best way for yourself to try and find the cull-pit is to copy out the content of the custom node (“Wall.NorthSouthEastWest”) and work with the entire workflow so you can see where the issue lies.

1 Like

Thanks,

It’s a good suggestions, and I find the problem and solve it, as the following diagram shown.

Kind regards
Hao

1 Like

from where can I get the custom Wall.NorthSouthEastWest ? or how do I create it ?

Walls.NorthSouthEastWest.dyf (37.4 KB)

this is the old custom node from Rhythm package
and change the node as ezxhg2 did if you are using Dynamo 2.0 or newer

nico

1 Like

Thank you so much!
I still have so much to learn… I trying to figure it out how to add all my walls from revit and get it through this node.
If someone could jump in and help out I would appreciate it a lot.

Thanks in advance

1 Like