Getting wall orientation in dynamo problem

Hi guys, I got stuck solving following problem. I want to use Dynamo to extract wall orientation from the wall that already change orientation (by clicking the arrow sign in the middle of the wall). In my case Dynamo still get the same result. Are there any way to solve this not by replace the wall? Big thank for any help in advance.

You can use the Flipped property to check whether a wall element has been flipped or not.
http://www.revitapidocs.com/2018/84e3e931-b085-01b3-3dc2-954234356b8f.htm

1 Like

Sorry that I haven’t reply for a long time. So that mean I cannot get the right orientation on the flipped wall, right?
Does that also mean I have to redraw the wall in the right way before running the node “wall.orientation”? because my project has a lot of flipped wall I don’t know how to solve that.

Wall Orientation is determined by how the wall was originally drawn. A Flipped wall just means that the “actual” orientation is the inverse of the Wall Orientation value.

Is it at all possible to post the python code to access the flipped property?

Or point me in the right direction for how to go about learning how to do so?

Thanks!

There are plenty of posts on the forum that cover learning python. The API method for flipped walls is very straight forward. You should be able to figure it out with a little trial and error.