Filter list of vectors by axis

Hi,

My main goal is to mesh a floor geometry in revit and frame it with different sections in the horizontal, vertical and diagonal directions.

I would like to filter my list of vectors if they contain a value in the x, y or x&y directions.

I thought i could do this with a ‘List.FilterByBoolMask’ but it doesn’t seem to be working.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Eamonn

Few issues here:

1. You’re comparing edges to vectors. You need to get the vector from the egde, perhaps using an Edge.CurveGeometry node and a Curve.TangentAtParameter node.
  2. To compare vectors us a Vector.AlmostEqualTo node.
  3. Comparison of vectors in this way will likely be better served via a Vector.X value, rounding to your desired tolerance, then a Vector.Y value, rounding that, joining the X and Y values, and grouping by the keys. (it’ll result in something like 1,0; 0.5,0.5; 0,1).

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for your reply.

You’re comparing edges to vectors. You need to get the vector from the egde, perhaps using an Edge.CurveGeometry node and a Curve.TangentAtParameter node.

I tried using the Edge.CurveGeometry node, however, it looks like the Mesh.Edges node is outputting Lines?

To compare vectors us a Vector.AlmostEqualTo node.
Comparison of vectors in this way will likely be better served via a Vector.X value, rounding to your desired tolerance, then a Vector.Y value, rounding that, joining the X and Y values, and grouping by the keys. (it’ll result in something like 1,0; 0.5,0.5; 0,1).

Please bear with me but I don’t think I quite know what you mean.
I’ve tried to have a stab below but it doesn’t look at all right!
What do you mean by keys?

Thanks for your help,

Eamonn

Sorry - read this between meetings and thought you were using topologies not mesh toolkit. Still not best to compare line objects directly.

This shows some of the methods I was referring to:

5 Likes

Thanks Jacob! Some very useful tips for list orgaising!

1 Like

Hi Jacob,

I’m not sure if I should start a new post for this follow up question?

I have now used select model element and mesh by geometry before creating framing from the lines.

My question is if there is a way to reduce the mesh size as it meshes as one triangle?
My end goal is to be able to select a model floor slab and create a mesh of framing of around 500mm spacing, although I see you say this could get very elaborate very quickly and the slab can be up to 50m.

I have tried the lunchbox WireGrid but this would only work if the slab is one rectangle.

Any steer in the right direction is appreciated!

Mesh%20line%20node Revit%20Model 2019 01 29 Mesh lines from select model object.dyn (69.4 KB)

Thanks,

Eamonn

Beat to start a new topic and post the rvt showing a typical slab shape as well.

Note that if you’re using framing elements for this it’ll be a near suicide mission for your pc - that’s a lot of analytical lines to add at once.