Filter Linked Walls and dimension

I am a newer Dynamo user so please forgive me for any nativity here, but I’ve been trying to make this work for the past few days and I’m at a dead end. I am trying to set this up to be able to reference walls and Ducts of a particular level and automate dimension creation between the two objects.

I’ve been able to get it to work when both objects are in my file, but in real-world applications the walls will be linked in. The problem I’ve run into is that I can’t seem to select the linked model elements and filter them by level. I’ve tried using a BoolMask node, using FilterByParameterValue, and several other options.

This is my latest attempt, but the filter does not appear to be working properly.

I’ve also attached my latest file. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Vertical Dimensions 2.dyn (49.0 KB)

What errors is it giving you?

The problem I’m having is with filtering the walls by level. The GetFromLinkedFile node works properly and is reporting the walls in my model, but I’m unable to use the FilterByParameterValue Node. Currently that FilterByParameterValue node is reporting no results.

I’ve also tried going the route of using List.Equals node and running that through the FilterByBollMask node, but that returns false. I’ve also tried replacing the List.Equals node with the == node but that produces a string output instead of an element output which doesn’t allow me to do the dimensioning.

Hopefully that isn’t all too confusing, let me know if you need me to clarify anything else. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!

That’s because all the comparisons your doing are using the Local Level and the Linked level which won’t be equal except for their names if those are the same. I would get the Level Name and use the “==” node on that. Possibly a GroupByKey node and use the levels from the linked walls as the Keys.

That did the trick, thanks for your help Sean!

1 Like