Filled Regions from Linked Rooms

I have created a graph that selects rooms from linked files and applies a filled region to their boundaries. This works for some rooms while it fails for others:

Does anyone know what the issue could be?

Don’t you have to set the pull-downs in the yellow nodes?

Why not just use Color Schemes?

1. I need to add patterned filled regions on top of the colored rooms
  2. I have set the yellow nodes. (this was temporarily off at the moment)
    3.The Graph works on some rooms and does not work for others.

Pls examine the graph below:

Before I get to anything. I think @truevis makes a valid point. Why aren’t you using a combination of a filter and Color Scheme? I am pretty sure that would be a better start than Filled Regions. With that said:

Couple of comments:

1. You didn’t post the Revit model. Your Dynamo definition depends on that Revit model as it stores specific parameters that you are using for filtering. It’s making debugging of your file harder for no apparent reason. Always remember to post a minimum viable sample file, so that we can re-create the issue.

1. I didn’t have Spring Nodes installed so I just swapped this:

with this:

1. Now, I am not sure what you were trying to do with the Bounding Box as that would yield totally inaccurate results. Imagine a “L” shaped room. Using a Bounding Box on that would return a rectangular boundary. It’s not reliable. Especially, that Revit already offers tools for extracting Room Boundaries:

1. Shout out to @Dimitar_Venkov for this bit. We are basically getting the outside boundary of the room. It’s still possible that will return not a fully closed polycurve. To work around that we can just make sure that we don’t have empty lists, and then convert everything to a polycurve while closing it.

1. Once you have that you are game. It might convert some arc shaped boundaries to lines, but I am not too worried about this. You can implement a better way of closing the gaps.

Cheers!

Download Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3QQaPkepGSkU2g5MVhLaVpveEk/view?usp=sharing

2 Likes