Family Instance Reference plane

Hi,

I have tried the code for the creation of dimensions around a building as described by @Alban_de_Chasteigner, here https://forum.dynamobim.com/t/marking-the-window-and-door-openings-from-the-edge-of-the-wall/32711/4 in Dynamo 2.0.3, Revit 2018.3. I see that, if there is more than one window or door in one wall, the code doesn’t take it into consideration and therefore creates dimensions only for one of them.

After some -not successful- tests with lacing and levels of the node “FamilyInstance Reference Plane”, I went into this node and made a change in the last line of the python code, as shown here:

Result:

• The references are now right (i.e. I get the dimensions for all doors and windows).
  • The reference names and planes of the script are still wrong, since I haven’t changed the script for them.
  • Even though Dynamo creates the same number of dimensions as the number of walls, I get duplicates in Revit (every dimension has an exact copy of it at its top).

Any ideas and comments in general? Does anybody know why I get double dimensions?

Big thanks in advance.
(I attach here the Dynamo script).
Dimensions-WallOpenings_forum.dyn (50.0 KB)

1 Like

Hi @periklisk,

Thank you for your interest.
I revised the FamilyInstance Reference Plane node in the last update of the Genius Loci package.

Here is the modified graph :

Dimensions-WallOpenings
Dimensions-WallOpenings_forum V2.dyn (46.7 KB)

Do not run the graph multiple times without closing it to avoid double dimensions.

Cheers,

2 Likes

Hi @Alban_de_Chasteigner.

Thanks for the response and the update of the package.
Btw, I think that the fact that double dimensions were generated was a problem of refresh of Dynamo…

Best