Family Instance By Point and (Multiple) levels

Hi, I’m new to this forum and also a bit new to Dynamo. But my first project is almost complete… except one thing.

I want to create a new object at the same place, rotation and level based on an existing object. The first 2 work fine, but the level parameter won’t set to multiple levels. When I select objects from level 00, the new objects are placed at level 00. The same when I select only objects from level 01, but it went wrong when I select objects form multiple levels. Only the level of the first element is used, and all new objects are placed on this level.

Maybe I forgot something stupid, as I said… its my first Dynamo project :sweat_smile:

Can you place Watch nodes in where the red circles are below and re post a screenshot?

1 Like

I’m guessing your list levels in FamilyInstace.Location are causing list structure issues later on.

1 Like

Hi Nick, you’re right! It went wrong on the list levels.
With some help from @jw.vanasselt (by a PM) I managed to solve the issues. Some list.flatten nodes does the trick. After this I need to correct the Z value, otherwise de parameter offset was written from Z=0.

In the meantime the script has become bit larger, to place 3 objects at the same time. And it works perfectly!

1 Like

Don’t have the the “FamilyInstancebyPointandLevel” Node like it seems.

Where can I get it?