Family Instance Annotations

hello,
i would like to place some annotations. therefore i am useing family.instance by view an point.
but i can not assign the parameter “Feuerwiderstandsklasse” to the instance…

has someone a hint? :slight_smile:

Hi @kevin.scholtyssekM76 ,

Not 100% sure without seeing the error message but you’re probably trying to put in a data type, in this case a Wall Instance, into a string, number, etc. datatype parameter.

@kevin.scholtyssekM76 Please post the warning or a sample file by recreating the same issue we’ll be happy to help, with the current one just a guess that issue could be with the value also in this case if “Host - ID” is a set parameter like this or not.

yes, i think the main problem is to get the hosted elements (walls) to be assigned to the instance.
the parameter is read only, so i can not do it afterwards - so it has to happen through the generation of the annotations.

FamilyInstance.ByHostAndPoint is giving me some Instances, but they dont show up on revit…and it does not work on referenced revit files (see the nulls 8-11) :confused:

ok i got it so far - i realised that i used the wrong operator… its Tag.ByElementAndLocation i was looking for…
nevertheless it dont work for referenced revit projects… :smiley:

i finally got it :smiley:

Create Tag from GeniusLoci and Element.ToLinkInstance works fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes