Facing Problems in placing Opening in walls

Hello Everybody!
I am facing 2 problems when placing Opening Family at the intersection of Ducts & Wall.
1st: Whenever I run the script it places the Opening family but some portion of the family is outside the wall.
first, I m showing the elevations I have in the test project.

2nd Issue is Whenever I model Walls on the 2nd Level with Top and Base constraints at level 2 with either base offset or with top offset with the combination modeling ducts either from level 1 as the reference level or level 2 as the reference level.
it throws this error.

I can’t seem to fathom what the issue is. it certainly places the family above the wall which has no intersection geometry.

I am attaching the dynamo script, family, and test project.
Opening Family.rfa (416 KB)
Navisworks 0.2.dyn (48.3 KB)
Project1.rvt (6.9 MB)

Add an equal constrain to the family that should solve the issue of the element appearing outside the wall

3 Likes

You need to subtract the elevation of the level at which you are placing the element as the offset is relative to a level not from 00

2 Likes

I have to add different formulas for different conditions ?

The formula has to factor in the change in level. The formula I shared will work for both Level 0 and Level 1 or higher cases.

1 Like

ok, I now understand what I did wrong can you share the script I will look at what you changed.

Ohh yes got it now Thank you so much!

1 Like