Extract Sheets From Multiple Linked Models

Hi, my goal is to open a federated model and be able to extract the sheets from each of the linked models without having to open them individually.

I have had some success with this but so far I can only access the sheets in one linked model at a time, ideally I would like to access the sheets in multiple linked models and export them to one of the following pdf/dwg/dwf all in one go.

Can anyone help me to get this process to repeat automatically for each linked model without having to create a separate node path for each linked model?

See snips and DYN attached.

Export Sheets From Linked Models_200206.dyn (13.8 KB)

Hi @martin,

Use the longest lacing on the Get All Elements From Linked Model node.

1 Like

HI Alban,

thank you for getting back to me with a solution so quickly and such a simple solution too, I still have a lot to learn with Dynamo!

Cheers,

Marty

Can anyone tell me why this isn’t working? I am stumped by this one…

Export Sheets From Linked Models_200206.dyn (18.6 KB)

You can use the Export DWFx in Document instead :
Export DWFx

Hi Alban,

thanks again for getting back to me so quickly, the node above looks like the perfect solution but I am having a little trouble getting it to work.

Would you be kind enough to tell me where I am going wrong below?

I ran the DYN on a simple test model which has only one linked model which contains 2x sheets. Everything looks like it’s running fine but output just shows a null, I assumed I had set it up wrong somehow.

Export Sheets From Linked Models_200206.dyn (21.7 KB)

You must connect the documents to the input document of the Export DWFx node.
You should use the longest lacing on the Export DWFx node with several documents.
You also need as many filenames as there are documents.

Still no luck i’m afraid. There is only 1 linked model so I only have 1 filename, does it matter what the filename is?

I forgot but it is only possible to export DWGs with linked documents.
For DWFx, NWC and IFC, it is necessary to open Revit files in the background.

One document :

Export DWFx from document.dyn (20.4 KB)

Several documents:

Export DWFx from severals documents.dyn (24.9 KB)

Hello @Alban_de_Chasteigner

I am testing your node to export to DWFx and I get this warning for every Revit document export: Revit will use raster printing because this view blablabla…and I click Do not Show this again and I see it again and again.

Do you know how to export the views and sheets as vectorial instead of raster with that annoying warning window that stops the process if not responding?

also I edited the Python script adding the option of exporting Areas and Object Data, looking Revit API, but I did not find anything about choosing to export as vectorial or raster in the options: DWFXExportOptions Properties

Thanks

Hi Ruben, Did you manage to override this option?

No