Extract Grid Line Location to Column Part

Hello,

New dynamo user here and just starting to learn the ropes. Forgive me if any of my verbiage is incorrect :slight_smile:

I am trying to do something similar to this post (Revit Footing to extract Column location mark parameter), except instead of applying the column grid location to a footing, I am trying to get column grid location embedded into a part (my part in this case is a structural column that has a “part” at each level).

Currently I get an issue in the element.location node that is within the clockwork package. The point data that it should output is an empty set. My mind goes to the fact that maybe the part is not associated with a location? Any help would be appreciated on how I can get the x and y coordinates of my part as I need this to keep moving forward in the code.

Also, since I am new user, it states that I can not upload the file. Not sure how long this is in place, but I can upload once I am able to.

End goal here is I am trying to make a column schedule that can read differing properties of my concrete column (e.g. differing reinforcing per level/ differing concrete mix designs per level) all while only modeling (1) column and then breaking that column into multiple parts.

Thanks in advance for the help.
S&T

It looks like I can embed images though.
See attached image, Element.location node can not find the x and y location of the part, it returns an empty list.