Exporting to PDF problem

Hey everyone,

intro / context
With @GavinCrump youtube tutorials I managed to build a pyRevit toolbar and attach a script to a button.
Personally using the script I don’t notice many problems but since I rolled it out for the entire office I have to manage the script more carefully.

The script does the following:
-reloading linkedfiles
-exporting selected IFC’s
-exporting PDF drawings, (floorplans etc) as seperate drawings
-exporting PDF drawings of exterior / facade detailing, combined into a set
-exporting PDF drawings of interior detailing, combined into a set

we upload this into a DMS on a weekly basis, so we turn this on at the end of the week when leaving the office and then at the end of the day at home we quickly upload the batch.

But here’s the problem
For some reason all the PDF’s get re-exported a couple of times and I fear it could do it endlessly or that there is a lacing issue somewhere. But I have checked and tested it multiple times and I cannot find any source of the problem.
I think the issue could be the fact that I have multiple Export PDF nodes and that it communicates it to Revit in a weird way.
At first I thought there was an issue because a PDF was open, but when you export to a new folder to prevent overwriting it still reruns the PDF’s.

Expanding the script
In the near future I want to expand the script so it can also run all DWG’s and I want to expand the number of combined sets. But I cannot do that until I solve this re-run problem

Has anyone experienced something similar? And is this issue solvable?

It’s not something I’m personally familiar with. I’ll have a video on Monday showing bulk export PDF using Crumple which uses python so maybe that will help.

I noticed your nodes don’t have the option to also combine into one PDF.

Will your video include multiple sets in 1 export session?

No I prefer to export separately as a pdf binder can do bound set outside revit. Ive had too many scenarios where a user prints bound for an hour then director asks for separate to want to support it in my take on the node.

These days most DMS’ also take registered individual documents. Binders are really only for review purposes in practice in my experience.

Genius Loci node does include combined option.

The original question still remains, perhaps a python node will solve it.