Export PDF from Documents in a directory

Hi all, I am trying to export a PDF from all the .rvt project files in a directory. These are single sheet Revit projects but there is the potential for there to be hundreds of them. I would like to open these files in the background, export the PDF to a given directory and close the files again. This is my graph right now, and I am not sure what I am getting wrong. If anyone can provide some insight as to what I might be doing wrong or missing, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, I am not sure how to close the documents after the export. I would like to “Wait” until the export is complete but I am not quite sure how to achieve this. Thank you

Hi, first thought… what Revit version are you using?
Seems also you are feeding two lists as sheet input, where i assume it should be one list with the sheets in it

Opening several tens or hundreds of files without closing them one after the other will cause memory problems
A solution is to make a dynamo definition for the current document, then apply it to several Revit files via RevitBatchProcessor

another solution would be to go through python to manage consecutive openings/closing files

1 Like

@c.poupin Thank you. I will have a look at the batch processor as I am not familiar with it. Is it an add-in for Revit? As for Python, unfortunately, I am not that savvy with it and it might be a struggle. But, I will see what I can do. Again, thanks for the response.

It’s works with dyn and py files, see the Readme

Note, you can launch it with the Windows Task Scheduler

@MVE1112 Thank you! The version of Revit that I am using is 2022.1. So, to get that down to a single list I would have to flatten it?

@c.poupin That is a great place to start. Thank you!