Exporting filtered data to excel

i want to export seperate schedules from one master. im trying to figure out how to get the schedule data into dynamo so i can filter it by boolean values. attached is the master list. we have a machine that helps us cut the pipes but we want to do each group individually so i need a schedule for each spool group. for example, i would take the master list and filter it to any items that contain “W1” but how do i then export only that data?
Tiger Cutlist.txt (20.7 KB)

From your txt file… you can get what you want as attached.

How is your schedule coming in with the rows on their own index? mine is still only returning just the spool tag and not getting back to the same as shown above. the other step im struggling with is how to export this since it is no longer a schedule view

You can take their index using List.IndexOf.
I’m not sure what’s the final result you want.
see attached. I used a simple python code for replacing ‘no match rows’ with desired Item.
It makes the rows maintained.

# Load the Python Standard and DesignScript Libraries
import sys
import clr
clr.AddReference('ProtoGeometry')
from Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry import *

# The inputs to this node will be stored as a list in the IN variables.
dataEnteringNode = IN

# Place your code below this line
list=IN[0]
newitem=IN[1]
indice=IN[2]
for i in indice:
	list[i]=newitem

# Assign your output to the OUT variable.
OUT = list

so, here is what we are up against. when we spool projects we have spool groups (W1-W50,DCW1-DCW10, ect…) our fab shop now wants the pipe cutlists split out per spool group, so anything that contains W1 in the spool tag parameter needs to be in its own tab delimited CSV. same with W2&W3 ect.
we have, on occasion had 100’s of different spool groups (W1 is the group, W1-001 is the tag) so instead of creating 100’s of seperate schedules and trying to export them all, i was hoping i could handle all of the filtering and exporting in dynamo. thanks for your help on this!

I belive what you want is able to be achived using Dynamo.
What you need to understand is that how to use the nodes in List.
Here is one of my posts which is about usage exaple of them.

Hope it helps.