Export to dwf or IFC via dynamo?

Does anyone know if it’s possible to export to dwf or IFC via dynamo?

Have a look at the “Tool.ExportDWF” node from the SteamNodes custom package.

I had a look at Tool.ExportDWF. At first I could’t get it to work but then I combined it with “get all views” form Grimshaw and it work just fine.
I made at change in the inputs (i only need folder and name) and changed x=DWFExportOptions() c=doc.Export(folder,name,a,x) to x=IFCExportOptions() c=doc.Export(folder,name,x) and now I can export IFC via dynamo.

Is it possible to run <span style=“color: #75715e;”>python </span>code as “periodic”?

As far as I know, this is currently not an option. It would be a really nice feature, though, to be able to run any node periodically. Maybe post a feature request on GitHub?

I found out that all I needed for the node to run as “periodic” was to add a “dummy” web request as an input for my python code.

Nice hack! :slight_smile:

Any chance you want to publish that node to the packages website Nicklas :smiley: :? It sounds awesome!

I’m Trying to recreate the IFC export with de exportDWF as template. Also I’m Filtering a fiew 3D-views that I would like to export to IFC, so it would behave like a Batch Export IFC. Only it doesn’t export yet for some reasen.

Sorry I have not replied. I’ve got a new job and that has messed up my autodeks account. I have uploaded the files to my post and if I finde the time I will publish them as a package as well. documents-export-2016-02-22

Thnx Nicklas for the Node. I’m still trying to work out how to export multiple 3D views at the same time (with the ‘export elements only visible in this view’ option on. I am not a Python expert…

This I also would like to know. I do not know how to grab the rest of the settings from the "OS IFC Exporter for Revit”. As default, Revit exports all elements in the model and not a specific view. For automatic IFC export please do not my workaround for “periodic” run. Use “DynamoAutomation” by Andreas Dieckmann instead.

Hello all,

I modified the code a bit so that it’s possible to export multiple views. You’ll need to supply a name for every view, otherwise I think it will override the same file everytime.

The modified code is in the file below:

export_ifc

Just plug in the views and the same number of filenames.

Capture

Thank you! I tried to do something similar but could not get it to work.

Thanx Taco, I worked out the workflow and added the naming list for all views in the model. Thanks again!

Batch IFC export

Batch IFC export

Hi T,

I am very keen on using your script. Unfortunately I do miss a Custom Node

Can you give it to me, or can you explain how less experienced users as me can find it independently?

Kind Regards,

Willem

Hi Willem,

The IFC export node in the sample is the same as the python node, you can ignore it or delete it.
You can also check out Bakery package, the above code has been implemented into a custom node by Luke Johnson.

OK, thanks!

MVG,

Willem

Willem Creffier

Interne Studies.

N.V. De Coninck

tel; +3216499946

gsm; +32479800312

Van: T Pover [mailto:dynamobim@discoursemail.com]
Verzonden: maandag 12 september 2016 12:56
Aan: Willem Creffier
Onderwerp: [Dynamo] [Packages] Export to dwf or IFC via dynamo?

https://avatars.discourse.org/v2/letter/t/ecc23a/45.png

HYPERLINK "Profile - T_Pover - Dynamo"T_Pover
September 12

Hi Willem,

The IFC export node in the sample is the same as the python node, you can ignore it or delete it.
You can also check out Bakery package, the above code has been implemented into a custom node by Luke Johnson.

HYPERLINK "Export to dwf or IFC via dynamo? - #16 by T_Pover"Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

https://avatars.discourse.org/v2/letter/w/cdc98d/45.png

HYPERLINK "Profile - Willem_Creffier - Dynamo"Willem_Creffier
September 12

Hi T, I am very keen on using your script. Unfortunately I do miss a Custom Node HYPERLINK “https://global.discourse-cdn.com/business6/uploads/dynamobim/original/2X/1/106abfdf14548fbc1620d39ef4f4ec7ce45f3217.JPG”[image] Can you give it to me, or can you explain how less experienced users as me can find it independently? Kind Regards, Willem

HYPERLINK "Export to dwf or IFC via dynamo? - #16 by T_Pover"Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, HYPERLINK "Dynamo"click here.

EDIT: the folowing strings are working in Revit 2017, but the “options.AddOption(“ExportLinkedFiles”, “true”)” isnt working in either 16 or 17. Does anyone have experience with this?

options.AddOption(“ExportUserDefinedPsets”,“true”)
options.AddOption(“ExportUserDefinedPsetsFileName”,“file”)