Export/Import Air Terminal to Excel - Built In Parameter Issue

Hi there, I’m working on my 3rd Dynamo graph and have been tasked to export our typical air terminal schedule to excel for manipulation then import new values back to the model. I’ve got the Pressure Drop and the Air Flow to export/import but am hitting a wall at the air terminal model parameter.
I can export the Model parameter to Excel but the import/setting of the parameter is the problem.
The model parameter exists within the air terminal family under identity data as a built in parameter. I’m guessing because its not an instance parameter i i will need a different work flow to set the parameter from the excel sheet.
Would anyone have any ideas? I’ve tried the Set BuiltIn parameter node and the SetParameterByNameOrInstance with no joy.
I’ve included a grab from the import graph.

First of all, how is your schedule setup? I’d be very surprised if your schedule is setup to where you don’t need to do ANY element sorting before setting your parameters.

As for setting type parameters… I was able to set the Model parameter using Element.SetParameterByNameTypeOrInstance, but you could also convert your family instances to their respective types and set the type parameter that way using the standard Element.SetParameterByName.

Hi Nick,
the schedule is a mix of shared (flow rate, pressure drop), family (size, neck size) and native instance parameters (comments).

The exported schedule has parameter values connected to the list.create node, which exports fine, I’m working my way through these items on the import parameter now, got the comments working too, with a warning though.

I will give the Element.SetParameterByNameTypeOrInstance and failing that I will try the Element.SetParameterByName node.

Thanks for suggestions I’ll let you know what happens.

Element.SetParameterByNameTypeOrInstance worked, with warnings but it worked!

Cheers Nick thanks for the help.

What is the warning?

Is your schedule set to itemize every instance or do you have it sorted/grouped? If you have the schedule grouped or sorted you’ll have to do the same grouping/sorting in your Dynamo graph to make sure you’re setting the updated parameters for the correct elements.

Nick, see attached warning. I havent sorted or grouped items in the schedule while i’m testing if each column works. When I’m happy every column works the end result is to also export the elemnent ids into the schedule, sort the schedule by grille number, engineers to input their data, I’ll take the schedule, resort by element id number then import to revit. But at this stage I’m not sorting the exported ecel sheet, i’m making sure it works first.

Could this help?

Thanks Yna_Db I did browse that thread before posting and couldnt find model in the list of parameters from the API, to be honest got quite initimidated by the thought of some hardcore programming!

It should be ALL_MODEL_MODEL (see Get BipParameter Name node from Archi-lab Grimshaw) but it does not seem to return any result.