Export DWF and change resulting file name to Sheet Name

Hello All,

I’m struggling with the above - i have managed to set up a graph that works, however…

1. I’m using SteamNodes Tools.ExportDWF
  2. In order to make it a No-Nodes graph I’ve copied the node content directly into the graph
  3. Graph with the node works, with its content only doesn’t and i wonder where I went wrong…

The graph reads sheets from a model, filters them via Sheet name content, creates a file name based on sheet names.

And i have no clue how to fix it - any help hugely appreciated.

M4RC1N

What do the errors say? You might also want to change your variable names to something that isn’t a reserved class (Views => views; Path => path).

Hi Nick,

I’ve tried changing names and i think ive done some damaged when i changed the code block Views from how it is as standard in SteamNodes Tool.ExportDWF node - as per advise on one of the threads in this Forum ive put Revit.Elements.Element instead - cant recall what it was before.

Anyway, ive added a few pics to show what the warnings are and here is quite conundrum, the graph works when the node in question is a node, but it doesnt when the content is extracted - please see the pics.

Hope this helps a bit.

Ive also tried List.Flatten as well as List.NormalizeDepth, one time for Views and another for both Views and Names - to no avail. Im clueless im afraid.

You can probably just get rid of those code blocks. Those were the input nodes from the custom node. Now that you’re not using the custom node, you don’t need the inputs.

When you said it seems so obvious now!

Now I get a different warning in Python line 49

Now you just need to modify the python code to work for your list structure. The benefit of a custom node is being more flexible with data structures since you can use lacing or list levels. With only a python node you have to make the code work with your specific structure.

There are plenty of other topics on the forum that deal with this, usually by introducing for loops for lists. Try taking a look at some of those other examples and see how far you can get.

Thank you Nick,

I’ll try and look although Python is not my forte just yet!
If you could pint me in the right direction or suggest a thread that would be an enormous help.

Many thanks,