Explode all imports within a selection at once

Hello great community,

You have provided me with many insights in the past reading different topics, though this is my first attempt at initiating a new topic.

I haven’t had much experience with coding neither parametric nor regular, though I have the will to learn so I am very thankful for any help you can provide.

I work for a company that models interior products in a typical CAD-software from which we do JT-exports and I use a plugin to import this JT-file into Revit. While there I can explode the different elements and attach materials and parameters regularly to the products. So far so good.

The issue with this workflow is that exploding each component within the products is very repetative and takes long. I would like to be able to select the objects and explode all of them, within my selection.

I have attached a video of how a product can typically look. This partical product consists of 53 individual components and they all need to be exploded. This seems to be a challenge for Revit seeing as each individual component needs to be exploded on it’s own.

Is this possible to solve with Dynamo, if so, could you help direct me regarding the node-packages needed and some tips on where to begin?

/Emir

Bumping this, would really love if if anyone could help with some direction :slight_smile:

I don’t believe that’s available in the API yet.