Excel.ReadFromFile node fails

I am new to Dynamo and as I follow the video tutorials I noticed that they are out of date with the current version. Some of the old nodes do not exist any more and the new ones do not function quite the same way. One example is the Excel.ReadFromFile node which fails to read the same data the old one used to read.

this is the error message I get: Warning: One or more of the input types are not matching. Couldn’t find a version of ReadFromFile that takes arguments of type (string,string,string)

The new node contains a parameter called ReadAsStrings and I don’t know what string to feed it with: true, false?..

Anybody can tell me what am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

Can you please provide a screen capture of what nodes you are using? It will be easier to help figure out what you are trying to do.

it accepts a Boolean Toggle rather than a String. Please use that.

Update: Had the same problem. No solutions working. Dynamo 1.2.1.3083. Looks like file paths with spaces are still a problem. Added a code block with String.Replace(parsepath,"%20", " "); followed by the File.FromPath node. No more problem.

Thanks dbaldacchino

1 Like

@jfmonod @Eyal_Bleiweiss

You can try this node from Bumblebee package. It should work for you.
Here is a link to my other post related to similar problem - Dynamo data import from excel 2010

Thanks Petar. I’ll give it a try.