Excel motor schedule to revit

I’m currently using a python script to filter and produce 28 individual results that I need for my motor schedule. My question is do I need to set all of these parameters for each element in order to have it show up in my motor schedule or can I have only some of them appear in my element’s properties while they all show up for schedule purposes? Also since I have 28 parameters coming out of my python script do I need to have 28 nodes getting each at its own index and then 28 “set parameter” nodes?

@anelson You don’t need to make 28 Nodes. You can pass a list of Parameter Names along with Elements with the same size. How many Elements do you have in a list to write Parameters?

Thanks,
Ritesh

Hi @Ritesh_Chandawar,

I have 110 motor elements that need 28 parameters set. To be honest the only reason I’m setting all 28 parameters is because I don’t know how I would display them in the motor schedule without having them in the elements properties. If there was a way to just add to to the schedule I would only realistically need like 14 parameters set. Are you saying that I can set 28 elements at a time since that is the smaller of the two lists?

Hello,

I was able to accomplish my task of setting multiple parameters for multiple elements by using Cartesian Replication. (Proof of concept below for now). I had 80 elements that needed four parameters set while the parameter values varied between each element. I’ll post a more elegant answer with analysis once I finish my overall script and clean it up.