Excel & its' worksheet(s) selection interface with Windows Forms

Hi all,

I am starting a quest to create a custom selection interface for an end user, this interface should:

1. List all Excel files in a specific folder (like a dropdown interface of Data-Shapes).

2. After selecting an Excel file a child form should pop up containing the Excel worksheets of the selected file (or by pressing a button which say something along the lines of “Select Worksheet”).
    The end user should now be able to select which Excel worksheet they want to use. Probably with another dropdown or a radio button input. (I now have it as another Data-Shapes interface, but I would like to have it all contained within 1 interface).

3. After the end user has selected their preferred worksheet they can close (or automatically) the child form and run the interface (like in Data-Shapes).

To be honest do I currently not know how to do this but I thought I’d just make a topic that I’ll fill with new information/ insights along the way.
Also, maybe you guys have some other ideas how to make my proposed idea for Excel/Worksheet selection more intuitive.

My Data-Shapes work:

2022-06-23 Data-Shapes interface.dyn (35.0 KB)

Some relevant topics:
Child form always in front of parent in Win Forms:

PS: A dedicated childform would probably not even be needed here.

There’s already a node for that in the data-shapes package

Choose a folder

Choose the Excel file

Choose the worksheet

1 Like

Forgot to attach the dyn, sorry
Home.dyn (46.7 KB)

Yeah I know that it is possible through multiple Data-Shapes interfaces (see my “Data-Shapes work” part of my original post). I am looking to do this in 1 interface, instead of 2 or 3.

Also, I couldn’t get the Data-Shapes Excel.Worksheets node to work for Civil3D or Dynamo Sandbox, the Bumblebee package one does work though.