Example script, crossing of 3D polylines with an alignment and save the layer and stationing to an excel file

I needed a list of every cable / duct / pipe, represented as 3D polylines, that crosses the Alignment for a pipeline project.

This is the script I created. Sharing is caring.
First part is a check to see what crosses, any 3D polyline that doesn’t cross the Alignment gets set at a different layer.
Second step is getting station number and layer of the 3D polyline that crosses and saves it to an excel file. Any errors are being set at a different layer.

Kruising LER met Alignment.dyn (137.0 KB)

Tips, tricks or comments are welcome.

4 Likes

Good job. For feedback, main thing I think is you can shift away with having to break everything down to points then redrawing in Dynamo, instead to use the direct geometry and intersect. I like to place circles in model space to see where there is a clash. In the excel output you can add headers by using additemtofront of the list. Attached is my rendition. Polylines intersect with Alignment v2.dyn (100.6 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you Kirk for your reply. Lots to make use of and will change my script a little.

I get the circles, was looking for something like that, but the alignment is 73km long, with over 400 cables / ducts / pipes crossing it, which gave me a little too much objects to check.

Thank you again!