Energy Analysis process error "Couldn't run the analysis for the file"

Hello,

I am trying to run the energy analysis package in Dynamo. I was hoping to get a variable like energy use intensity back from Green Building Studio, and then use Optimo to optimize a solution.
but i am stuck within the use of “Energy Analysis for dynamo” package and i can not go further, here i have problem with the first node for getting “RunIds”. I have searched and watched whatever I could during this month, but it doesn’t work.

Has anyone else run in to this issue or have any advice? Thank you!!

Can I ask you how did you get the project Id, in my case this node also is not working

To get the ProjectInfo you can use this code. But I am not sure if this is the correct input for ProjectId or not. When I ran the code, it returned the exact same number.

import clr

clr.AddReference(‘RevitAPI’)
from Autodesk.Revit.DB import *

clr.AddReference(‘RevitServices’)
import RevitServices
from RevitServices.Persistence import DocumentManager

doc = DocumentManager.Instance.CurrentDBDocument

prjinfo = doc.ProjectInformation

OUT = prjinfo

It’s basically a log file that contains this project information

Being pulled from here

Thank you very much, and can I ask how did you write the path for the files, I mean the gbXML paths??

I have the same problem in the analysis

Could not upload the gbXML file

hi razan

you may use File Path node for this,

and for the python script mentioned by stylor, you can get the parameter values of the project information like following

Load the Python Standard and DesignScript Libraries

import sys
import clr
clr.AddReference(‘ProtoGeometry’)
from Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry import *
import RevitServices
from RevitServices.Persistence import DocumentManager

doc = DocumentManager.Instance.CurrentDBDocument

prjinfo = doc.ProjectInformation

OUT = prjinfo.Name,prjinfo.Id,prjinfo.Number

1 Like

Thank you Khuzaimah, but still uploading the file is failing in the Run Analysis node

Hello
you also tried with the Id

Sincerely
christian.stan

Unfortunately, still the RunAnalysis.RunEnergyAnalysis node is not working, I am not sure if it is related that I have a student license?!!!

I myself have an education version (never had any limitation, what would be the point of it, you must provide a school certificate to avoid misuse of the private sector)
you tried with the branch from the python node so in this case the x[1] for you here.
I don’t have this node (maybe on 2024)
Sincerely
christian.stan