Elevation View Placement - Python Code Error

I’ve been using this tutorial as a go by for creating elevations views, but have been changing it a bit so that it functions more like I need it to.

I don’t feel like many of the changes that I’ve made should have caused the python code to break, but alas, it is broken. I have attached the Dynamo definition that I’ve been working with and cleaned it up a bit for simplicity and possibly troubleshooting for you generous souls out there on the forum. The error that i’m getting is at the final python script node of the definition and it reads as follows.

Warning: IronPythonEvaluator.EvaluateIronPythonScript operation failed.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 46, in
AttributeError: ‘type’ object has no attribute ‘CreateBound’

The author of this Dynamo definition had no trouble getting this to work in 2016 or 2017 so i’m not certain why i’m having trouble. It’s probably just be a lack of experience with coding and dynamo (i’m pretty new to this stuff right now). I’m using Dynamo 1.1.1.2 (the latest build I believe) and Revit 2016.

Any help would be very appreciated and if you need any additional information from me just give me a shout and i’ll respond asap.

Thanks!

ELEVATION VIEWS TEST (SentTo).dyn (40.2 KB)

Hi David,

Try this ELEVATION VIEWS TEST (SentTo).dyn (36.6 KB)
I fixed the error.

1 Like

Wow thanks a lot! You just made my day haha. I see that you cleaned up the imported libraries; I had kinda assumed that I put more than i needed in there. You also changed the beginning of the code a bit, but a lot of it looks the same. Could you give me a brief description of what you did (thought process) and why just so I can remember it next time something like this arises?

1 Like