Elements view

Hi, can you get an elements view? cant find a node for it. Specifically a callout referencing over views view. Or can you select callouts in view by category? Seems to give me emptys with view or callouts as category. Dynamo can take me to the view of the element so there must be some way to report it

Depending on the Elements Type, it can be tricky, especially with Views as they are just windows into the virtual model, that may span across multiple other views. This might get you started :wink:

1 Like

thanks Ewan, been trying parameters and built in parameters but no luck for other refrenced callouts element. Would you be kind enough to post the code if you still have it up?

Sure :+1:

import clr
clr.AddReference('RevitAPI')
from Autodesk.Revit.DB import *

clr.AddReference("RevitNodes")
import Revit
clr.ImportExtensions(Revit.Elements)

def GetOwnerView(item):
	if hasattr(item, "OwnerViewId"): return item.Document.GetElement(item.OwnerViewId)
	else: return None

items = UnwrapElement(IN[0])

if isinstance(IN[0], list): OUT = [GetOwnerView(x) for x in items]
else: OUT = GetOwnerView(items)
1 Like

maaaaate you gone and done it!!! been driving me nuts trying to report a typical details sheet location everywhere so I can put a text box under a detail with all the locations it is. This might give me everything I need to get there :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: Hope you have a great weekend

1 Like